Friday, January 19, 2007

Shaken (and a little stirred)

Previously, I talked about the Consumer Reports article where infant car seats did very poorly in general. Turns out, CR outsourced this test and misrepresented the data. The tests were done at much higher speeds than indicated, sometimes as much as twice as fast.



In the past I have always considered CR as my primary source for reliable, unbiased information on consumer goods. I certainly that this is a one-off error and that I can still rely on them.



CR plays an important role in the marketplace, reminding us that the primary role of companies is to sell us stuff. I still believe that impartial, third party testing and reviewing of products is critical.



I hope CR learns some important lessons.







Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: